Rug Care & Emergencies
Some General Oriental Rug Care Tips and Suggestions
- Never put a potted plant or ceramics on a rug without leaving an air space.
- Rotate your Oriental rugs every 12 months.
- Insure your Oriental rugs for “all risks.”
- Examine fringes and edges periodically. It’s where you’ll most often find signs of wear.
- Attending to them promptly is quite important. Use an appropriate type of padding.
- Use protective cups under the legs of heavy furniture: This will prevent both pile damage and rust stains from contact with metal.
- Get good quality doormats constructed to act like a brush. It is a good way to prevent gritty soil from entering your home.
- Have your rugs treated with Scotchgard: It helps to prevent permanent staining, and vacuuming will remove more soil.