Rug Care & Emergencies
General Oriental Rug Care Tips and Suggestions
- Never put a potted plant or ceramics on a rug without leaving an air space.
- Rotate your Oriental rugs every 12 months.
- Insure your Oriental rugs for “all risks.”
- Examine fringes and edges periodically. It’s where you’ll most often find signs of wear.
- Attending to stains and wear promptly is quite important, so that they don’t get worse.
- Get carpets cleaned on a regular basis. How often that is depends on the type of rug and the amount of use it gets.
- Use an appropriate type of padding.
- Use protective cups under the legs of heavy furniture: This will prevent both pile damage and rust stains from contact with metal.
- Get good quality doormats constructed to act like a brush. It is a good way to prevent gritty soil from entering your home.
- Have your rugs treated with Scotchgard: It helps to prevent permanent staining, and vacuuming will remove more soil.
Some Emergency Treatment.
Five Solutions for Stain Removal
Most rug stains can be removed with a combination of some common household cleaners. Which are applied and what order depends on what kind of stain you have. These include:
- 1) Commercial dry cleaning solvent.
- 2) Mild Detergent.
- 3) Ammonia.
- 4) Vinegar.
- 5) Enzyme Laundry Detergent.
To clean various stains, you simply apply these cleaners in the proper order. See more specific information on common spills.
Before you start to spot clean your Oriental Rug
Removing spots and stains from your rugs is not difficult, but it is important to do it correctly. Make a mistake and it’s possible to create indelible stains that even professionals like Grillo can’t remove. If you have any concerns or doubts about the procedures or prefer to have the spot or stain treated professional, just contact us.
- Act quickly.
- Blot up as much stain as possible.
- Test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure the colors of the rug won’t run. If the dye bleeds into your cloth – STOP RIGHT THERE. Your rug will need to be professionally cleaned.
Need more cleaning help?
We offer multiple levels of cleaning services – all done on our premises on our state-of-the-art specialized equipment.
Contact Grillo about professional cleaning and removing stubborn stains from your rugs and carpets. We will even pick up your rug and deliver it back to you – fresh and clean. We also offer Scotchguard wool protection – which can help keep those stains at bay. Learn more about our cleaning processes and special additional services, such as moth and wool protection.